CONTINENCE and VESTIBULAR PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Nevine has worked in the musculoskeletal world of physiotherapy for over 20 years, with exerience in managing a range of spinal and sports related injuries. She has a special interest in pelvic floor and continence physiotherapy, and in vestibular physiotherapy. Nevine provides Continence and Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy, as well as vestibular and balance services to specialists, GP’s, personal trainers, and other physiotherapists. She has a post-gradraduate certificate in continence and pelvic floor physiotherapy attained at Melbourne University and has attended multiple Vestiubular courses at advanced levels.
With a Post Grad. Certificate in Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation attained at Melbourne Uni and many conferences run by the Continence Foundation of Australia Nevine helps women and men understand and manage:
- Bladder conditions: Urinary urgency, Urge and Stress Incontinence, voiding dysfunction: incomplete bladder emptying, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Bladder pain syndrome, and overactive bladder, and for men obstructed voiding associated with prostate enlargement or post Radical Prostatectomy.
- Bowel conditions: Constipation, IBS, Dysynergic defaecation, Anismus, Incomplete bowel emptying and faecal/anal incontinence, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, post Obstetric Anal Sphincter injuries
- Vaginal conditions: vaginismus, dyspareunia which may or not be associated with gynaecological surgery.
- Musculoskeletal pain associated with ante/postnatal clients: Pelvic Girdle pain, symphysis pubis and SIJ dysfunction and Lumbosacral instability, DRAM, Perineal tears Grade 2-4, Tx dysfunction.
- Chronic Low Back pain- functional restoration programmes and Pilates
Nevine also has a niche in treating Vestibular Rehabilitation and can assist your clients with:
- Dizziness, head spinning, light-headedness, balance disorders and associated double vision.
- BPPV – posterior, or horizontal
- Vestibular neuritis and hypofunction
- Cerebellar ataxia
- Cervical instability, headaches, and associated vertigo and vestibular migraines
- Persistent perceptual postural Vertigo.
- Nevine Eskander prioritises her time in listening to client’s concerns, anxieties which may feed into their bladder/bowel/prolapse and/or vertigo complaint, and how their condition is limiting their quality of life in relation to their family, work , sport and activities of daily living such as walking, driving etc.
- Nevine utilises best practice ( is trained to fit pessaries and equipped to perform rectal balloon therapy for bowel complaints) , outcome measures, and thorough examination techniques to identify the root cause(s) of clients’ problems , and educating them about how they can relieve their pain, stiffness, weakness and leakage problems to improve their strength, mobility, continence, balance and reduce their vertigo.
- Initial examinations require 1 hour followed by a 40 min review after which a letter with their diagnosis and management plan will be sent to the GP or referring specialist.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at: